[mapserver-dev] OSGeo Annual General Meeting (AGM) Slide

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 3 08:28:08 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-03 12:20 p.m., Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  >
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C6llSnWZ28c2aWQgttPiOnoo6dttdqKg07ug
>
>  > U_yr6Uc/edit#slide=id.g3fdcab0c8e_22_0
>
>  >

>  > See slide 52. Focusing on the 7.6 release would be the obvious change
> along
>
>  > with a reference to 8.0. Other things to add?
>
> It would perhaps be more prudent to add a " (funding needed)" precision
> or something similar, regarding OGC API support for 8.0, unless this has
> already been secured by someone.
>
> Even

I was planning to bring up the funding discussion at next week's PSC
meeting, that was my thoughts personally.  But please add that.  (I
debated in my response to Tom about MapServer+OGCAPI of mentioning the
big news of Microsoft signing on with the OGC to work on the OGCAPI)  So
believe me, as a small business also, I have funding in mind ha.

In general, I'd like to see items such as adding features,
documentation, packaging, releases, maintaining demo servers, as all
well funded.  Let's discuss this in the PSC meeting.

-jeff

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna