[mapserver-dev] Python mapscript segfault on OSX

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 04:12:58 PDT 2020

Hi Tom,

We have CI for Linux and Windows. It would be great if we also had it setup for OSX.
I'm not sure I've seen this setup on any OS projects though on GitHub.
A couple of links show it should be possible:

Travis: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/osx/
Azure Pipelines: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/devops/azure-pipelines-now-supports-additional-hosted-macos-versions/

It would be good to narrow down the possible issue by trying the following (or if anyone on the list can confirm any of the following):

- Does it build on a standard Python deploy (not Conda)?
- Does mapscript py27 build on OSX with the latest codebase?
- Does mapscript  py36 build on OSX with the latest codebase?
- Does an old mapscript release build on OSX?

On Windows at least, not being able to load the DLL is often due to dependency issues between the MapScript DLL, the version of Python it was built for, and the MapServer DLLs on the system path.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika