[mapserver-dev] MapServer 8.0 Config File

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 16 07:34:18 PDT 2021

On 2021-06-16 11:06 a.m., Steve Lime wrote:

> At the moment this has no impact on MapScript. I was thinking perhaps we
> could add a method to optionally load a config file independently of a
> mapfile. Thoughts?

I believe MapScript impacts was the first comment I had made on this
months ago (and it is mentioned in the RFC draft also).

For example: PHP SWIG MapScript requires a path to a .php file that
contains all MapServer constants & functions (that is installed as part
of the cmake steps).  For wishlist I'd like to see this new config file
allow to set the path to MapScript's required .php file.

-jeff