[mapserver-dev] OGC API Review Requested

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 10:48:18 PDT 2021

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 9:23 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I'm interested in what folks think about the Inja templating/includes
> issues detailed in the Security Considerations -> Template Handling section.
>
> Templates are supposed to be under full control of the mapserver
> administrator, and not users triggering the API, right ? So I'm not sure
> what actual security issue there is.

Correct, the location is defined by environment variable or metadata
element. Just worth noting I guess.

> *task: add ows_contact* information to the landing page (from the
> associated values set in the mapfile)*
>
> Probably done per
> https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6180/commits/246e52e9884c0d83373c21afb0d45d3b9850b1dd#diff-9b6e48b47f13dba7ffabed64a2061ed7c8fe48c202ec1c7c5277b9cf95ecac86R26
> and
> https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6180/commits/246e52e9884c0d83373c21afb0d45d3b9850b1dd#diff-46e72d45fbe7adb5c2df20d7e4a963164b077f5505152841bdd6a2ce022ac42dR1166
>
> I don't think contact information is part of the core specification is it?
> I see pygeoapi does support it but is there a standard approach...
>
> It is used for the /api end point and is optional.

The templates basically render the JSON response you'd normally get. The
landing JSON response doesn't have that contact info so we'd have to add it
when f=html. If we moved the code to generate the contact info (
https://github.com/sdlime/mapserver/blob/6ee5185d0a9ed1e4186ecc303b1fa4c0394e36ca/mapogcapi.cpp#L1305)
into its own function then it could used in both instances.

> Anyway, regarding other items in the wishlist, we should merge the current
> work ASAP and deal with further changes as increments / tickets.

Agreed. I'd like to call for a vote on RFC 134 and will start with a +1.