[mapserver-dev] Versioned MapServer Docs?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 18 14:18:38 PDT 2021

Ah ok Even, your words sunk into me more now, good points.  Although I
differ in that I think keeping all of the 'versionadded' references are
very important, as this is the rich information that is so priceless
(knowing when exactly something was added) for both the users and
maintainers of the software/docs.  I personally have been making sure to
add those 'versionadded' and 'deprecated since' and 'since version'
notes into the docs, as this information is so useful to users, even in
the case of it being added in 5.0 etc.  And as you said, I have to go
get that information in the RFC, which users won't know to check, so
I've been adding those 'since version' references that you mention, to
help users.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training