[mapserver-dev] Downloads for old versions... do we need them?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed Mar 24 17:31:40 PDT 2021

Hi all: Looking at http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/ it seems strange to me to offer access old versions of the software for download that we wouldn't want anyone using. Many will have security issues or other bugs that have been long since resolved. If someone really wants an old release it can be obtained from the git repo. What do folks think about only offering downloads for the versions that we'd consider under maintenance?

Personally I consider that 6.4.6 , 7.4.4 and 7.6.2 - and those 3 may be too much. Same thing goes for MapCache and TinyOWS.

--Steve