[mapserver-dev] mapfile.dtd and mapfile.xsd

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sat May 1 03:03:48 PDT 2021

Hi all,

As part of the Mapfile syntax clean-up in RFC133 there are a couple of files that contain lists of keywords:

- mapfile.dtd - only a couple of updates in the last 20 years [2]
- xmlmapfile/mapfile.xsd - several updates to keep in sync with Mapfle keywords [3]

Any thoughts/preferences on what to do with these?

I'd propose to remove mapfile.dtd (I'm unsure if it is still used), and update mapfile.xsd with the syntax changes. There are other new keywords missing in mapfile.xsd that can be addressed separately.

Seth

[1] https://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-133.html
[2] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/commits/main/mapfile.dtd
[3] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/commits/main/xmlmapfile/mapfile.xsd