[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 133: Mapfile Syntax Cleanup

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu May 20 13:26:43 PDT 2021

Hi all,

For anyone not following on GitHub there are a couple of open pull requests relating to MS RFC 133: Mapfile Syntax Cleanup [1]

[2] Remove LOG, MAXSCALE, and MINSCALE keywords from WEB object
[3] Remove MAP TRANSPARENT keyword

If anyone has any comments/concerns let me know. So far the only function to be removed with no equivalent functionality is msCGIWriteLog - I'm not sure if anyone is still using this.
I'll merge in a couple of days and continue the updates if no objections are raised.

Seth

[1] https://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-133.html
[2] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6333
[3] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6329