[mapserver-dev] WMST Get Capabilities opens OpenLayerViewer

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Nov 16 06:42:52 PST 2021

Hi,

Mapserver-users list is where users can ask questions and give answers.

There is no reason to believe that Mapserver supports WMTS at all https://www.mapserver.org/documentation.html#ogc.
Also in the query you used &SERVICE=WMST&version=1.1.1. “WMST” must be a typo and WMTS has only one published version 1.0.0. The error message from Mapserver is not especially bright, Geoservers do that better.
https://demo.geo-solutions.it/geoserver/ows?service=WMTS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities
Result:
<ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue" locator="service">
<ows:ExceptionText>No service: ( WMTS )</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>

You must install MapCache and configure it to use Mapserver as a WMS source. MapCache can do WMTS.

-Jukka Rahkonen-