[mapserver-dev] Proposal/request to implement FlatGeobuf as built-in format

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Apr 26 04:49:35 PDT 2022

+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: MapServer-dev <mapserver-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> Puolesta Björn Harrtell
Lähetetty: maanantai 25. huhtikuuta 2022 23.58
Vastaanottaja: mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Aihe: [mapserver-dev] Proposal/request to implement FlatGeobuf as built-in format

Hi mapserver devs!

I got interested in the subject because of the tests made recently by Jeff that shows the potential of the format. I believe it should be possible to get significant additional performance out of FlatGeobuf in MapServer if it was built in just like Shapefile support is.

FlatGeobuf C++ implementation is rather small, doesn't require any dependencies, and I don't expect it to require any invasive changes to existing code.

Would love to get started on this ASAP, if there are no objections. :)

Regards,
Björn Harrtell