[mapserver-dev] Proposal/request to implement FlatGeobuf as built-in format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Apr 27 10:09:53 PDT 2022

Jeff,

as a data point, perhaps you could enhance your bench with shapefiles
through OGR ? It would be interesting to have a sense of the OGR
overhead (that will be the same for any OGR supported datasource) to
have an idea if it is really worth the effort to have a native
FlatGeobuf provider for MapServer w.r.t going through OGR (it is hard to
beat shapefile, and the current difference between shapefile and
flatgeobuf is small)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com