[mapserver-dev] Question about the bad mapfile pattern (vulnerability) check

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:05:20 PST 2022

Steve,

I think we cannot avoid to be platform dependent in this regard. A single
slash at the beginning on Windows systems should not be accepted, because
it can specify a relative path, however a double back slash at the
beginning is accepted (absolute path of a network share). Currently the
single slash at the beginning is accepted in all platforms.
Applying environment variables might not be a trivial task in all run time
environments, so I think the default behavior should work in that way which
can do the right thing in most use cases.

Best regards,

Tamas

Steve Lime <sdlime at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. febr. 10., Cs,
15:48):