[mapserver-dev] Dropping Version Output?

Nash, Edward E.Nash at dvz-mv.de
Wed Feb 16 01:20:30 PST 2022

Hi,

back in the day when we always compiled Mapserver ourselves then we always removed the signature line output – for the reasons Jukka says. I believe the current difference as to whether the string is output depends on whether the Capabilities are generated by slamming strings together (where it is included) or via libxml (where it is not).

As a user, I’d be in favour of removing the output, or at least having it configurable (preferably as an opt-in). It’s basically debugging output being forced into a productive system.

Regards,

Ed