[mapserver-dev] Question about the bad mapfile pattern (vulnerability) check

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 26 06:52:10 PST 2022

Sharing my thoughts on this also (after the initial dust has settled),
that now would be a good time to:

- since we now have a required config file, remove the hardcoded
MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN from mapservutil.c (as it fails on PCRE regex, and
most users have no access to that file anyway) and enable it in the
shared config file

- (as I tried mentioning in the recent ticket) throw a meaningful error
if the user does not specifically set both MS_MAP_PATTERN and
MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN

- therefore set a default MS_MAP_PATTERN and MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN in the
shared config file

thanks,

-jeff