[mapserver-dev] Proposal/request to implement FlatGeobuf as built-in format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri May 20 10:27:56 PDT 2022

Le 20/05/2022 à 19:00, Björn Harrtell a écrit :
> For the record I can't see the #define trick as reasonable/acceptable
> if i understand it correctly.

If you're saying it is not elegant, obviously, it isn't, but that works.
Or is your concern something else ? All that pertains to the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Definition_Rule

Basically the idea would be that MapServer set some defines that
override the default FlatGeobuf & flatbuffers namespaces

An example of that in another project is in
https://github.com/SAP/odbc-cpp-wrapper/pull/29/files and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/adcb45971bb84a40d909b43d4aace292e8d06e70
: here the potential conflict was between the embedded copy of the
odbc-cpp-wrapper library in QGIS, and the external odbc-cpp-wrapper
library that the GDAL SAP Hana driver can link to.

The only other way of solving that would be for GDAL and MapServer to
link to an external & identical version of FlatGeobuf & flatbuffers
libraries, but that would require them to be packaged etc, which
wouldn't be very practical.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com