[MapServer-dev] MapServer 8.2 Release Plan

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Dec 11 06:13:59 PST 2023

Hi Seth,

I think we should go ahead with the final 8.2.0 release, even without
those items you mentioned (as so much effort has been already put into
the release, as tracked by that release page that I've been
maintaining).  I propose the following schedule:

   - Feature freeze:  Fri. January 5, 2024
   - 8.2-beta: Fri. January 12, 2024
   - 8.2-rc1: Fri. January 19, 2024
   - 8.2 (final): Fri. January 26, 2024

That would give everyone a few weeks through the holidays to tackle any
lingering tasks on their plates.

I'll also do a MapCache release then, to help packagers.

Thanks, and merry Christmas everyone,

-jeff