[MapServer-dev] Does mapserver support GIF format for WMS / WMTS services?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 13 10:16:14 PDT 2023

Le 11/09/2023 à 09:09, Philippe Ghesquiere a écrit :
> Hi Even,
>
> I thought over your answer again during the weekend. You give the
> right parameters to get a PNG image format; which is fine.
>
> However, I do need to offer a GIF format support in order to be
> compliant to the "/DGIWG WMS profile"/ (OGC 09-102r3).
> Indeed, requirement #6 says :
>
>     /A DGIWG WMS server shall support the following raster formats for
>     the GetMap operation /
>
>       * /image/png, /
>       * /image/gif, /
>       * /image/jpeg/
>
> Do you have any other advice / ideas?

- Tell DGIWG folks that the world has moved since the 90's and they
should consider moving on ;-)

- add middleware between client and mapserver to request png8 to
mapserver and convert it back to gif in the middleware

- probably easier: enhance mapserver to add back gif support

--
http://www.spatialys.com