[MapServer-dev] MapServer Sponsorship Links

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 12:24:18 PST 2024

Hi all,

I've found another sponsors page in the docs at https://mapserver.org/community/contributors.html#sponsors-past-and-present
I think this is the more recent version, and so https://mapserver.org/development/sponsors.html should be removed.
I'd also like to add a couple of new sponsors to this page who've funded some of my time on MapServer for the last year(s). What is the process for this? Do I just need to make a pull request and merge to the docs, or do we need to vote?

Looking at the board meeting notes from https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2024-01-30 it looks like we won't get the budget request this year:

> Regarding projects, they have been asked to consider sponsorship within their annual financial needs. The board has
> decided on a maximum 2.5k USD for each project, due to the tight budget of OSGeo.

We might have to revise planned activities for the year listed at https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/MapServer-2024-Budget
I should know on the 11th of February if the MapServer workshop is accepted for FOSS4G Europe.
To cover the other items I think it would be worth sending an email to the mapserver-users list linking to https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/Sponsorship.
I can draft the email and send here first for review.

PSC members (and others) - please let me know your thoughts on the above,

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika