[MapServer-dev] MapServer Workshop Report from FOSS4G Europe

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Jul 18 12:30:39 PDT 2024

Hi all,

The "Getting Started with MapServer" workshop was given at FOSS4G Europe in Tartu at the start of this month [1]. We had 13 attendees in total and feedback was very positive.
The use of Docker went very smoothly, and there is more material than required for 4 hours :-) Many thanks to Michael Smith for his assistance and advice during the workshop.

The workshop can be found online at https://geographika.github.io/getting-started-with-mapserver/ and is created from a GitHub repository [2]. Hopefully this can be expanded upon and used for future workshops.
Part of the MapServer OSGeo budget for 2024 helped to fund the development of the new workshop, for which I'm grateful [3].

I think the FOSS4G NA workshop deadlines have passed, but the global FOSS4G has a workshop submission deadline of July 30th if anyone is interested in giving the MapServer workshop in Belem [4].

Seth

[1] https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-europe-2024-workshops/talk/HMEM8Z/
[2] https://github.com/geographika/getting-started-with-mapserver
[3] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/MapServer-2024-Budget#revised-budget