[Mapserver-inspire] MapServer and INSPIRE

Martin Kofahl m.kofahl at gmx.net
Mon Apr 18 07:31:15 EDT 2011

I agree with you regarding 6.0 release. If 6.2 will come out in summer
that's probably a realistic time horizon. However, users may expect
INSPIRE support in 6.0 and I really wonder that there're so little posts
about it on the list.

The patch transfers James' MapScript work into MapServer. It's an
implementation of inspire view service extended capabilities as
described in the technical guidance v3.0, scenario 1. Language support
lacks choosing correct titles etc. and has possibly other bugs. Scenario
2 is more extensive and does touch existing code but does not break
scenario 1. I'll go on working on it if there's interest. Updating
ticket 3608 seems to me the most clearly possibility.

In addition, we should talk about bringing INSPIRE language support and
OGC Web Service Common (referenced by WFS 1.1/2.0, I think) in line.

Martin