[Mapserver-inspire] Re: [mapserver-dev] MapServer and GSoC

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Thu Apr 28 07:46:21 EDT 2011

Thanks Daniel! I was going to write an introduction mail but obviously
you were faster ;).

To give some background, over the summer Stefan will be working to
improve the INSPIRE view service support in MapServer with focus on
METADATA elements including multiple languages. Of course we'll take
into account the work done so far like the documentation at [1] and the
recent discussions on the mapserver-inspire list. The project plan is to
first evaluate the INSPIRE specification version 3.0 and document the
results in the form of a MapServer RFC for discussion and then
implementation.

I want to thank Thomas and Dan for their offer to co-mentor this
project! I'm going to read the mentor's guide recommended by Anne in
order to know what we're supposed to do.

That's it for the moment, more to come over the summer :).

cu
Stephan

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/INSPIRE