[Mapserver-inspire] WFS, GML output, geometry mapping

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Dec 13 10:59:36 PST 2013

Erik,

The work done for WFS 2.0 doesn't address the issue of generating complex GML
schemas. For attributes, several mechanisms can be used : gml_groups,
gml_XXXX_template, gml_xml_items mechanism can be used to generate some
nesting for attributes (but I'd be curious to know how you do that for the
below schema. It doesn't seem obvious to me if you have one layer attribute
for each GML element). But for geometries, there's no such capability. Perhaps
we would need a GML template, not at the attribute level, but at the feature
type level.

Even

> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to setup Mapserver to serve Inspire Addresses with WFS 2.0
> (thanks for the new work on wfs 2.0!), but there is one part failing
> for me.
> The XML according to
> http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/ad/3.0/Addresses.xsd should be
> looking something like this:
>
> <ad:Address>
>     <ad:inspireId>
>         <base:Identifier>
>             <base:localId/>
>             <base:namespace/>
>        </base:Identifier>
>     </ad:inspireId>
>     <ad:position>
>         <ad:GeographicPosition>
>             <ad:geometry>INSERT GML GEOMETRY HERE</ad:geometry>
>             <ad:specification></ad:specification>
>             <ad:method></ad:method>
>             <ad:default></ad:default>
>         </ad:GeographicPosition>
>     </ad:position>
>     <ad:locator>
>         <ad:AddressLocator>
>             <ad:level/>
>         </ad:AddressLocator>
>     </ad:locator>
>     <ad:validFrom/>
>     <ad:beginLifespanVersion/>
>     <ad:component/>
> </ad:Address>
>

> The problem is that I can't find a way to define where in the XML to
> insert the Geomtry.I want to tell mapserver to put the geometry inside
> the ad:GeographicPosition-element.
> The other parts of the hierarchical XML seems possible so far...
>

> Any ideas how to insert the gml-geometry?
>
> Is anyone else using Mapserver för Inspire WFS?
>
> regards
> Erik Gustafson

Geospatial professional services