layername_hidden ?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Apr 14 10:40:35 EDT 1999

Grzegorz: Hadn't thought of this particular use. Queries tend to deadends with
respect to maps so there usually isn't a need. [layername_hidden] won't work
but I could see something like [post_layers] which would create a series of
hidden variables called layer each with a different value. That should get you
what you need. I'll add to the next beta update due out late this week or
early next week.

As for symbol. No, although you could draw the layer twice. Once with a
big circle of one color and once with a little circle of another color. Symbols
in general, to be blunt, suck. I'd like to try and move to a standard format
like CGM. If anyone has thoughts or experiences let me know.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Programmer
MIS Bureau - MN DNR

(651) 297-2937
steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> "Grzegorz Myrda" <mapadm at polsl.gliwice.pl> 04/13 1:36 PM >>>
If someone knows how to pass on a list of active layers the same way as
"get_layers" but as hidden variables (not visible list) ? else my suggestion
to You Steven is to constitute [layername_hidden] template substitution
(analogous to [layername_check] or [layername_select]). It would be useful
in case of returning from itemquery results without changing active
(visible) layers (and without showing the list).

By the way: is there a possibility to define a vector (scalable) symbol
combined of circle in circle ?

Thx
Grzegorz