MapServer 3.3 Beta

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Dec 17 11:36:32 EST 1999

Wow, that didn't take long. It figures I'd screw something up that was easy. I forgot to re-SWIG the
interface file after the last few structure edits. I re-posted the initial beta with the correct Perl code.
Grab it again and try it. Note the MapScript interface has changed from the initial demos. Actually
I expect this MapScript to change pretty rapidly. The docs are up-to-date with regards to MapScript.

Hmmm. A powered by mapserver/mapscript logo. Have to think about that. Any artists out there?

Steve

>>> Robert Chavez <rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu> 12/17/99 10:35AM >>>
Steve,

I'd be happy to help out with demos and FAQs for mapscript.  The demo I've been working on is actually nearing completion and has some basic perl-mapscript interactions in it the might be worth documenting.  I'm in the final bug fixing stage now, but I'll pass the URL along when it's finished.

Once the atlas is finished it will run off the Perseus Project web site which sees a fair amount of action (about 300,000 unique hits a day).  Is there some standard boiler-plate text or graphic I could attach at the bottom of the page  (Powered by MapServer, for example) that would give credit where credit is due and direct interested users back to the source?  if not I'll just make something up.  You've done an awesome job with all this.

Just tried compiling mapscript from the new beta.  Got this error message:

mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_layer_set':
mapscript_wrap.c:3312: structure has no member named `layer'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_layer_get':
mapscript_wrap.c:3333: structure has no member named `layer'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_class_set':
mapscript_wrap.c:3356: structure has no member named `class'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_class_get':
mapscript_wrap.c:3377: structure has no member named `class'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_tile_set':
mapscript_wrap.c:3400: structure has no member named `tile'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_tile_get':
mapscript_wrap.c:3421: structure has no member named `tile'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_shape_set':
mapscript_wrap.c:3444: structure has no member named `shape'
mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_labelCacheMemberObj_shape_get':
mapscript_wrap.c:3465: structure has no member named `shape'
make: *** [mapscript_wrap.o] Error 1

Looks like something is missing somewhere.
Rob