Extents of a raster image

Cameron Shorter camerons at cat.org.au
Fri Jul 23 07:40:34 EDT 1999

At 08:20 AM 22-07-99 -0600, Brent Fraser wrote:
>http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/FREEBIE/FREE0699.HTM
>reads and writes geotiffs and world files.

Thanks Brent, I checked out this package. It was simple, putting geo data
in a tiff file or .tfw file.  Just what I wanted.

I have successfully added a geotif file to my map now, however using a
standard .tif file and .tfw file didn't work.  This doesn't particularly
worry me as I have something working.  I'm just mentioning it in case it is
a bug.

My .map file contained:

LAYER
  NAME "topo25k"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  DATA topo25k.tif
  #OFFSITE 0
END # Layer

The geotiff file can be found at:
http://www.cat.org.au/bikeast/camerons/topo25k.tif

The same file without geo data can be found at:
http://www.cat.org.au/bikeast/camerons/topo25k.tif.bak

and the top25k.tfw file contains:
                8.2e-005
                       0