Label problems

Paul G. Allen pgallen at randomlogic.com
Wed Nov 3 09:28:35 EST 1999

I am attempting to add labels to my "field units" shapes. These shapes are
points, and the shapefile was generated with my scripts from a text file
containing the appropriate data. When I query a field unit or multiple field
units (mode=query or mode=nquery) the resulting html is perfectly fine (BTW,
I've implemented frames for this and it works quite nicely), so I know all the
data is there and all parts of the shapefile are OK.

When I try to create a map with the units displayed along with their labels, I
get an Internal Server Error. My server log shows this:

[Wed Nov  3 06:20:32 1999] [error] [client 216.120.6.10] Premature end of script
headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/mapserv

However, if I zoom the map in without the labels on, until I only have a few
field units showing, then turn the labels on, the thing works fine. What gives?
Trying to display all the Street Names either works or returns no data (The
later indicating that no names were able to be displayed due to too much overlap
or something. This only happens when zoomed way out).

(Unfortunately I can't let you see the page as the data is proprietary.)

PGA