mapserver and database connectivity.

cshorte2 at csc.com cshorte2 at csc.com
Thu Oct 7 21:56:53 EDT 1999

I assume they are refering to http://www.swig.org/

>From the homepage:

SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written in C, C++,
and Objective-C
with a variety of high-level programming languages. SWIG is primarily used with
common
scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and Tcl/Tk, but has also been extended
 to include
languages such as Java, Eiffel, and Guile. SWIG is most commonly used to create
high-level
interpreted programming environments, systems integration, and as a tool for
building user
interfaces. SWIG may be freely used, distributed, and modified for commercial or
 noncommercial
use.

> I know nothing about SWIG, not even what it stands for,
> but I am learning perl. With that, what is SWIG? (Scientific Wild Insane
Guess?! :)