US Street Map

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Sat Oct 9 19:45:14 EDT 1999

Banister (very cool name),

That TGR2SHP is the way to go (www.gistools.com) on this one.
It does ENTIRE cdroms in batches...  (I had requested this
feature about a year ago, and he did it).  There is so much
data, you have to automate as much as possible.

I work with this Tiger data all the time and that product
is just the ticket...  The only trick is to post-process
the files to get them in the correct projection.  I wrote
my own projection tool for doing this... using PROJ4
which can be found on the net as well...

ftp://kai.er.usgs.gov/pub/PROJ.4/

Regards,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)

--