Colr look up table

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 14 14:10:57 EDT 1999

I assume you're refering to lookup tables based on some attribute value.
Color tables, symbol tables etc. are now handled as classes. Like the old color
table each class has an (optional) expression associated with it. Instead of just
being able to control color, with classes you can control size, color, outlinecolor,
labels and so on... Here's an example with 2 classes :

# what item to I want to classify on
CLASSITEM foo

# now the class definitions
CLASS
  NAME class1
  EXPRESSION "0"     # note: this is a regular expression
  COLOR 255 0 0
END

CLASS
  NAME class2
  EXPRESSION "1"
  COLOR 0 0 255
END

Assuming item "foo" contains either 0 or 1, 0's would be drawn in red and 1's
in green. Class names are used for legend building, ommit them if you don't
want a particular class to show up in a legend. Features that don't match any
class expression are not drawn. If all features are to be drawn the same, then
define only 1 class with NO expression defined.

Classes are a simple way to create thematic maps based on regular expressions.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR

(651) 297-2937
steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> "Paul G. Allen" <pgallen at randomlogic.com> 10/13 4:46 PM >>>
On the ForNet site I was reading some old MapServer documentation (v2.3) about
making a color table. Does the latest version of MapServer support this? I have
a file as outlined in the afore mentioned documentation and I have used the old
printcolors utility to create a GIF image of it. Now I'm wondering if/how I can
use the color file.

Thanks,

PGA