LArge area mapping problem.

Paul G. Allen pgallen at randomlogic.com
Fri Oct 22 21:01:51 EDT 1999

I'm having a problem navigating larger maps. I'm not sure if it's my data or
what. I have a map of Pennsylvania that was made by combining all the TIGER
county shapefiles into a single shapefile. Displaying the initial map looks OK,
with one exception: the county names are displayed off the top of the map (out
of the visible map area). An additional problem comes into effect when
panning/zooming. Clicking anywhere in the map for a pan or zoom does not zoom
into the location clicked, but off to the lower right by some amount. Also, if I
set the Zoom to 1, and click the "Refresh/Query" button, instead of the map
simply refreshing what is already there, it pans in some direction (I think down
and right) by some amount.

I'm using MapServer 3.20, and to see what it's doing for yourself, visit
http://24.5.14.144. I've checked my map extents and they look to be OK (they are
in DD, same as the original data).

PGA