Using Java with mapserver

Doug Nebert ddnebert at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 25 14:55:46 EDT 1999

I have a need to build a lightweight java applet that will permit
pan and zoom into a certain extent, then allow the user to drag a
rectangle (yes, java can do this!) to set an area of interest. The
result of all of this is a bit anticlimactic: I only need the
transformed coordinates of the rectangle fed to a containing HTML
as shared variables. I have a program that uses LiveConnect to pass
the java variables to the hosting form. But I was wondering if
someone else has some java stubs for making draw, pan, and zoom
requests of a mode=map service...

--
Douglas D. Nebert
Clearinghouse Coordinator