GIF Format Issues

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Wed Sep 8 01:04:40 EDT 1999

Hey, Id sure like to preserve the ability to generate .GIF images
just like they are, but have the option of switching to .PNG or .JPG
or non-LWZ GIF if Unisys comes up with their hands out.  The .PNG change
looks like a 1 liner, but compiling in both the old and new GD should
prove to be a challenge.  As I recall, the uncompressed GIF images from
GD 1.3 were huge.

-Chris Stuber (imap at chesapeake.net)