TFW and WLD

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Sep 14 10:37:26 EDT 1999

Haven't seen any specs for compliance yet from OGIS. The dog and pony
was just last week and I check the OGIS web site over the weekend but
just found the usual stuff, nothing new.

I see the mapserver potentially functioning as both a client and a server. That is,
retrieving data for maps on the server-side (an OGIS client) and serving
maps via OGIS compliant URLs (an OGIS server). Lots of cool possiblities.

I do have virtually every mapfile parameter now changable via a URL and you
can define features within a URL. Not sure how this will jive with the OGIS
work.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR

(651) 297-2937
steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> Rob Atkinson <rob at socialchange.net> 09/14 8:27 AM >>>
Hi folks,

is anyone planning a OGC Web Mapping Testbed compliant URL interface for
mapserv?

Rob Atkinson                        Email: rob at socialchange.net
Director
Social Change Online         Mob: 0419 202 973
6A Nelson Street                       Tel: +61 (0) 2 9557 6500
Annandale NSW 2038                     Fax: +61 (0) 2 9519 8940
Sydney, Australia       WWW: http://online.socialchange.net.au