Zooming on images

ddnebert ddnebert at usgs.gov
Mon Sep 20 15:45:24 EDT 1999

I have now four nice TIF images that I would like to use as backdrop to
other
data. The files are as follows with wld files that let them render fine
individually
at full extent.  If I try to set another extent in the GET request, I
still see the
whole world, rather than a zoomed in region.

shdrela.tif 640 x 320 TIF
shdrelb 2160 x 1080 TIF
shdrelc 4800 x 2400 TIF
shdreld 10800 x 5400 TIF

So I have two problems:

1. How do I make the registration correct?  I calculated the TFW files
as attached.

2. Once I can view one of the files, I'd like to set them up as a
cascade
of a single theme, broken by MINSCALE and MAXSCALE values.
Should the following work?

LAYER
  NAME shdrelief
  TYPE RASTER