mysql

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Apr 20 10:17:49 EDT 2000

I did that work 5 years ago. We stored Landsat TM scene footprints in SQS and
used MapServer as a front end for queries. All MapServer did was pass lat/lon
pairs to a small perl/sybperl script that queried SQS. There was no direct connection.
With MapScript a direct connection would be possible and a simple extension similar
to the SDE stuff could also be done. One of the Sybase/Autometric guys contacted
me about 6-9 months ago about some further development. I replied with interest but
never heard back.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Sullivan, James R. " <SullivanJ at nima.mil> 04/20/00 07:51AM >>>
Steve, I was talking to some Autometric/Sybase guys about the SQS software
(Spatial Query System), and was asking what Unix based Web mapping
application has been used with it.    The answer was:  Mapserver.
Purportedly somebody at Fornet has linked Mapserver to data held in the
SQS/Sybase database.   Are you familiar with this effort?  The
Autometric/Sybase guys were pretty vague, and did not seem to know much more
than that.

Jim Sullivan