yet another demo application...

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Apr 20 17:59:16 EDT 2000

Greetings: I've got another MapServer application under development. It's still very
much a work in progress, but I'd like to get a feel for what sort of interest there might
be in the underlying code. It's a data viewer but it's interesting in that the intial page
never changes, only the map displayed in an applet. It also uses flash to control much
of the page behavior (thanks Peter!).

There are 2 code components I intend to share should there be sufficient interest. One
is a new version of the mapimage applet. The second is a javascript library that manages
coordinates (zooms, pans etc.) entirely on the client.

Again, it's still undergoing frequent change and comments are certainly welcome.

Point your version 4 browser (Netscape 6 doesn't work) at:

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mapping/landview

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst