question about turning layers ON

Michael Hearne Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 1 09:44:26 EST 2000

I'm trying to build a simple mapserv app, and I'm confused about how the

[layername_select] template is supposed to work.

What parameter in the map file controls whether a layer is selected or
not when the
map initially comes up?  I'd thought it was the "STATUS" keyword, but
the demo application has
almost all of the layers' STATUS set to "ON", yet only lakes and streams
come up initially.

What's the deal?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Hearne
Michael G. Hearne     	  	email: Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov
Coastal Remote Sensing  		phone: 843 740-1281
TPMC/NOAA Coastal Services Center	fax:   843 740-1312
2234 S. Hobson Ave.,    Charleston, SC 29407