FreeType

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Dec 6 17:27:43 EST 2000

Kieran,

I'm not sure I understand...

FreeType is a set of functions you would link into an application (like
MapServer) to access the low level geometry of a TrueType font.  If you need
the compiled library I can send it to you...

Do you want to:

o Use TT Fonts in MapServer?
    - include in the top of your map file:

        FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"

    and in the map file's label definitions:

        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT arial

o Look at TT fonts?
    - on NT use Start->Programs->Accessories->Character Map

o Or Create/edit TT fonts?
    - you need a 3rd party application

Let me know if you need help...

Brent Fraser