Need Help with Mapscript Tcl - mapObj

Yeewen Sat yeewen at petromap.com
Thu Dec 7 13:45:55 EST 2000

If I use namespace, I get these errors:

invalid command name "mapscript::mapObj"
    while executing
"mapscript::mapObj map1 $file"
    (file "test.tcl" line 26)

So, I don't use mapscript namespace in my tcl.

Thanks to Tom for the ms_error suggestion, I found out what my problem was.
It's in newsym.sym file - some invalid gif images reference. I don't really
need them, so I removed them. At the end, I was able to load a mapfile, draw
it, and save the image (.gif) created.

Now, I have more questions :-)

Is there a way to generate GIF images based on the zoom value,
mapsize...like how mapserv cgi does it - given a mapfile, zoom value,
mapsize, imgext, imgxy, creates a gif for the specified area. So, can I do
that through mapscript? Right now, load, draw and save image will save the
entire map.

Thanks,
Yeewen