symbol problems

Robert Aldridge bamarob55 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 15:43:10 EST 2000

Steve & others,

I'm using a nightly build from a couple of nights ago
and am having problems with the symbols.  I found a
message in the archives saying that I should remove
the LINESET (or SHADESET or MARKERSET) line from the
beginning of the files and the last END from the
files, then cat the files together.  I did this,
creating a file called SYMBOL.SYM.  I can't get
mapserver to work with this file.  And, I can't get it
to work with the individual *.sym files either.
Basically, the only way I can get it to work now is to
omit any references to SYMBOLSET, MARKERSET, LINESET,
SHADESET, or any *.sym file.  This causes mapserver to
use the default symbol for all of my layers.  I can
change the colors, but not the symbol.

My question:  Could some kind soul post a concatenated
symbol file and example of *.map file that works with
a recent nightly build?

Thanks,

Robert Aldridge
Gulf States Paper Corp.