Map extent in MapScript

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri Dec 15 16:34:30 EST 2000

Hi everyone!

> > The last line is crucial, because leaving it out or leaving it in does not
> > change the resulting image at all. Any ideas?
> You have to use the setextent() method to set the map extents:
>
>   $map->setextent($mybounds->minx, $mybounds->miny,
>                   $mybounds->maxx, $mybounds->maxy);

Maybe I should shout a 'RTFM!' at myself. I was staring on my printouts for
about half an hour because I could not believe that such a method did not
exist. Now I found it. After you pointed it out. I am getting old.

But here is another one I could not figure out. I tried to use the 'STYLED'
symbol type, which is documented but does not seem to exist anymore, neither
does it appear in the source code. I would like to use lines with a width of
more than one pixel, and really love to create things like a highway with two
solid side lines and a dashed center line.

Thorsten Fischer          thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102