A couple of newbie questions

Erich Schroeder erich at museum.state.il.us
Thu Feb 17 06:51:46 EST 2000

Hi,
  Last weekend I finally got my own Mapserver application to work, at
least to allow zooming and panning. I'm confused on quering and other
things, still.

First:
One of my layers (areas where archaeological surveys have been done) has
internal polygons which are actually unsurveyed. Within the dbf file the
value of SURVEY_ID for these is 0, all "real" polygons have a numeric code
relating to a document number describing the survey.

Could someone show me a mapfile snippet that will only display polygons
with SURVEY_ID > 0?

One of the other layers is the locations of reported archaeological sites,
digitized as polygons. My users will want to be able to click on a site
and get the information associated. The information is in a separate dbf
file that can be linked to the coverage by a index number.

What is the combination of mapfile information and html code that will
make it possible for a user to click on a polygon, and get a listing of
the associated record?

I hope these are simple...

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich at museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html