Problem with PROJ support in mapscript

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Sun Feb 20 00:03:16 EST 2000

I have build a version of mapserv3.3_007 with PROJ4 support and
trying to make mapscript have the same options, so I edited
mapscript Makefile.PL to include the PROJ4 lib and includes,
but when I try to "make" it, I get this error:

In file included from ../../mapproject.h:7,
                 from ../../mapshape.h:6,
                 from ../../map.h:23,
                 from mapscript_wrap.c:443:
/home/cstuber/PROJ.4/src/projects.h:43: conflicting types for `UV'
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h:841: previous declaration of
`UV'
make: *** [mapscript_wrap.o] Error 1

Seems that both PROJ4 and PERL both declare the variable "UV"
which are distinctly different.  I hate to hack up either, but
may have to in order to get the mapscript to compile.  Any ideas
or suggestions from the usergroup?

--

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.