Web Server Error

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 29 15:16:20 EST 2000

Did you experience this with 3.3.006? Me thinks 3.3.007 has a memory
problem although I thought it was only associated with certain types of
queries. Does the image to included in the template get created before
the sucker hangs/crashes. It's got to be something stupid with template
processing, query or otherwise. I'd back up to 3.3.006 until 3.3.008 is
out later this week. I doubt it's anything you've done as much as I love
to shift the blame.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Corey A Sundahl <csundahl at osf1.gmu.edu> 02/29/00 01:52PM >>>
Hello all.  I've dug through the mailing list archives but I haven't seen
anyone experience this rather unique problem.   The problem is that when I
try to generate my template using shapefiles and passing the mode
parameter of 'browse' via my html file I get a server error when I use the
correct extents.  However, if I change the extents so that they are
obviously incorrect, I get the infamous white image but an otherwise good
template.  Now, if I use the correct extents and pass the mode parameter
'map' I can generate the map just fine but not my template. Furthermore, I
ran the shp2img utility and everything ran just fine - .gif is as it
should be.  I'm using all the updated .sym files that come with 3.3007 and
the updated .map file with tailored paths and extents.  Any hints at to
why I'm getting a server error would be very much appreciated.  Oh, I
almost forgot -- When mapserver is run via the command line I get a
segmentation fault after about 45 seconds of churning.  I've kept all
names under 20 characters and I'm using actual, not relative paths to all
directories.  All this is running on Solaris and all other web
applications are running as normal without a hitch.  Any ideas?

Thanks,\

Corey