Use of new GD 1.7.3

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jan 3 20:50:15 EST 2000

Doug,

  I did some experimenting with GD 1.7 some time ago.  As
I recall, no code changes were necessary, as Steve had already
inserted the call to gdImagePng if the USE_GD_1_6 define
was set at compile time.  Unfortunately, the mapserver executable
must be set up to use GIF OR PNG at compile time; it's not
switchable at runtime...

  It did produce PNG images that looked like the GIF images.
My text was rotated 90 degrees, but I think that was an unrelated
problem.

Brent