MapServer Suggestion

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sat Jan 29 23:43:05 EST 2000

Have at it, the source is there. Changing legend line style is trivial. I've been thinking about embeded scalebars for quite awhile, just need to think about it. Columned legends are not trivial but everything needed for those calcs is there.

Unfourtunately my plate is full with finishing up mapscript, tiled query access and native SDE support. I want MapServer to be OpenSource and the requested mods are certainly doable by programmers other than myself. I'll talk to the U about a web CVS. Any mods like these you come up with can be included in the main dist.

Steve

<<< Ma <marin at here.is>  1/29  8:27a >>>
It would be nice also:
1. if the lines in the lagend to be not only like "/\/" (i.e. ESRI style)  but
also normal, i.e. like "-----";
2. if the scale bar is available into the map;
but keep the old functionality.

--
Ma