Fw: mapserver demo problems

Robert Day rday at pa.net
Tue Jul 18 00:01:42 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Ronald Lieuw-Sjong
To: Robert Day
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: mapserver demo problems

Robert, that did the trick an it works beautifully.
Many thanks.
I noted the time you sent the email. Do you sleep at all :-)
Ronald
----------
From: Robert Day <rday at pa.net>
To: Ronald Lieuw <rlieuws at cura.net>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2000 1:40 AM

Ron,  Try this in your HTML : <form method="GET" action="http://aptiva/scripts/mapserver.exe">  Remember that the web server has it's own directory structure. As it's default IIS root is [drive letter]:\inetpub\wwwroot\ that means that anything in here is reached with your browser as http://aptiva <http://aptiva>/[FILE name] or [DIR Name/FILE name] now the scripts directory is virtual and as far as the web server cares is under the wwwroot. Example: http://aptiva/scripts <http://aptiva/scripts>. In your NT structure it is actually C:\inetpub\scripts\ .  It is like UNIX's symbolic paths.   Robert Day
robert.day at konsalt.com <mailto:robert.day at konsalt.com>
www.konsalt.com <http://www.konsalt.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: Ronald Lieuw <mailto:rlieuws at cura.net> To: Robert Day <mailto:rday at pa.net> Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2000 11:18 PM Subject: Re: mapserver demo problems
Robert,
Thanks for yr prompt reply, I followed yr advice about the predefined cgi-bin, which is InetPub\scripts.
I changed the code as below, but now I receive an error -> HTTP/1.0 404 Object Not Found
in the IE window the following code:
http://aptiva/inetpub/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=c%3A%5Cinetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cms_demo%5Cdemo.map&layer=lakes&layer=streams&zoomsize=2 <http://aptiva/inetpub/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=c%3A%5Cinetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cms_demo%5Cdemo.map&layer=lakes&layer=streams&zoomsize=2>  I've checked as far as I could and it seems as all the files are present
What's missing?
Ronald Lieuw
--------------------------
<head>
<title>MapServer Demo Interface</title>
</head>
<input type="hidden" name="map" value="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ms_demo\demo.map">
<input type="hidden" name="layer" value="lakes">
<input type="hidden" name="layer" value="streams">
<input type="hidden" name="zoomsize" value="2">
<input type="submit" value="Initialize"> </p>
</center></div>
</form>  <hr>