PHP Mapscript examples to add anotations to a map

Carl Taylor cjtaylor at wcities.com
Mon Jul 24 15:09:18 EDT 2000

Hi,

The example below is very informative and I wondered if there are any
similar examples for PHP/Mapscript.  In particular I am using MySQL to hold
a large database of information and I would like to be able to annotate maps
with place names and notes regarding information from the DB.  I have tried
working through the Perl information but I have started to get myself
confused converting to PHP.

> The url below contains templates that change their behavior
> depending on the number
> of results found which is probably what you really want.
>
> http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/terrasipProjects/
tutorial/example5.map&layer=state_parks&layer=counties&layer=lakes

Thanks in advance for any advice people can supply,

Regards

Carl.