installation w/configure

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 26 09:03:57 EDT 2000

imap at chesapeake.net wrote:

> On RedHat 6.2, there is a file /usr/lib/libgd.so that gets linked
> into mapserver.  In my case, this is not what I wanted, and I have
> a different version of GD compiled.   I had to manually rename the
> file, compile mapserver and later restore.  Is there any way to tell
> 'configure' to ignore/exclude this specific library filespec?

You should be able to control which GD is compiled in using the
--with-gd=DIR configure option.  For instance, if the GD you want to use
is in /home/chris/gd-1.8 then the following configure command will do
the trick:

   ./configure --with-gd=/home/chris/gd-1.8

If you've already tried that and it didn't work then Email me directly
and we'll have a deeper look at the problem.

Regards,
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/