MapServer Error

Tim and Marcelle Sutton tim at activeweb.co.za
Sat Jul 29 10:21:49 EDT 2000

Hi

Thanks to Daniel for making the binary version of Mapserver + PHP available.
I have installed them on a linux box at work running RH6.1. Now when I try to
access the ms_demo pages, or my own map page, I get the following error:

Mapserver Error: msLoadMap(): Unable to access file (cnc.map)

I tried changing the path to cnc.map to use absolute and relative references to
that file in my map_init.html page, to no avail. I also downloaded the win32
binaries and tried installing that on my NT Server at work running NT4 &
Apache. I get exactly the same error.

I saw in the FAQ a mention of a crash relating to loading the .map file. I
tried again to compile mapserver myself against php 3.016. The ./configure
process of php gave an error saying there was a problem with the apxs script. I
have no idea how to fix this short of reinstalling apache?

I also tried to install mapserver on my Mandrake linux 7.1 box at home and when
I try to access the test page, I get an error saying cannot open file in
cgi-bin or something along those lines.

Any help / pointer whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

In eager anticipation of getting this working.

Tim Sutton